Skip to main content

Don't side with your ego.... FORGIVE

 Today was a rough day. As it was the anniversary of a suicide of a kid that I took care of. One year ago today, he took his life because he could not handle the life he was dealt. Just that in itself is very hard to handle. This kid was just one of the sweetest people you would ever encounter. He was always checking in on people and putting everyone before himself. 

I guess it would make sense that he had experienced a lot of pain, so he did not want anyone else to have to experience that, so he spent his life trying to relive this pain from other people. 💝💝💝

This kid had so much life and spunk to him. Being around him, even if just for a couple seconds, you could not help but to light up and smile. He hid his pain well. So, well that we did not even see it coming. Maybe his friends that knew him a little deeper might have, but I don't think so. 

Not only did we lose him that night, but I was one of the ones working when it happened. It was the worst night of my life and I have been through a lot. I did not think that I would ever recover from this. It did not help that I was put on leave, being investigated to see if I was guilty of neglect. It was really hard. And today was a reminder of that...despite the time that I've had to heal. 

I owe my healing to the Lord. During this time, I was able to just lean into Him. I believe that He drew me near again, just for this moment, because He knew that if I did not have Him during this time, there would probably be another family morning the loss of a loved one. 

I've talked a little about this already, but during this time, I just had to trust God that it was going to turn out! Whether found guilty or not. That His will would be done. And I had to ACCEPT it either way. He finally got me to make peace with this. Which was a fight (because I am stubborn). I did not want to accept that I could possibly be found guilty of this, never being able to do what I love...working with youth. Gosh that is a tough one. But with His help, we got there. I had a lot of good Christian people in my corner, praying for me, encouraging me. Reminding me that the Lord is faithful, and He will get me through it. I am forever grateful for them. 

Anyway!!!! 

Tonight, normally would have been my day off but I switched days with someone thinking I would be fine. I have healed with the help of the Lord; it would be ok. Plus, it would be nice to spend it with the kiddos that knew him. 

The night was going pretty good. There was some talk about him amongst the kids and some laughs and some tears. Which is expected....he was their friend. It is nice to remember people who have left us. But after dinner it got really hard for me. 

One of the girls kept using it as an excuse to break the rules. "He's dead" she would say. Over and over with what seemed to be no sadness at all. To me it just seemed like it was disrespectful. Then she went off talking about how we are to blame for it because he died there, that we should be ashamed, and all of this stuff. I was getting sad....and well mad. I told her she should talk about him in a more positive way and then I had to walk away. 

But of course, I am flesh and I struggled. I really hate to admit this, but I was really mad at this young girl. I could not stop myself from thinking about how mad at her I was. She is literally one of my favorite kids there. (Don't tell anyone) but it REALLY hurt. Would I ever be able to look at her the same?? How could I let her know that I am mad at her? I should just ignore her? Spend time with the other kids away from her? Just all of these horrible thoughts. 

I LOST IT! I started crying and had to walk out of the back door. I could not hold it together. The enemy knew I was vulnerable and attacked! I walked around the building with tears rolling down my face. 


God reminded me of Mark 11:25 - And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Wow....forgiveness!! Seriously. 

Why would I need to forgive her?

 She was pretty much speaking truth.

 But in the midst of that she hurt me.

 Or should I say she hurt my ego. 

Why am I like this? How do I get rid of it? WELL I NEED TO PRAY! 

"God, help me to forgive her. Help me to operate in your love." 

I went back in and finished what I was doing in the kitchen. She was leaving for an hour. After she left, I did not think about it at all. An hour later she came back, and I was excited to see her. I was able to talk to her like nothing ever happened. Able to just show her love and compassion! That is not something that I could have done on my own honestly. I don't know for sure, but I probably made it so she could not have gone on her pass or something.... because that is what humans do when we operate outside of Christ. 

God is so faithful. He cares for us and wants us to share all of our burdens with Him. Honestly. No matter how hard it is to admit. Like me being a Youth mentor, supposed to mentor these kids and here I am getting mad at them because they hurt my fragile little ego.... who wants to admit that. But God wants us to tell Him all of these things. Because He knows already, He knows that we are not perfect. I guess it is a sign of humility. Saying God I am struggling with this, I need you now because You are mighty, holy, sovereign. I am not. You are in charge Father, I am not. Take this from me because if I keep it, it is going to be bad Lord. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in this season, because I can't let go

       Do you ever feel like you are just failing in life? Like there is nothing that you can do right? I am going through a season that I have thought was over but apparently it is not. I believe God is ready for me to move onto the next season, but I am keeping myself stuck in this season. A few weeks ago, it felt like I was moving out of it. But here I am. STUCK!        Why have I not moved out of this season. I feel like I am sabotaging my entire walk with the LORD and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Maybe that is just it. Maybe I need to stop and just TRUST GOD. I feel like it is much easier said than done. Why is it so hard to trust God? I cannot seem to get out onto the first step, not matter how much I want to. I want to walk with the Lord, in everything that He has ordained for my life. But right now, it feels like I am missing it all. I think as humans we want to see the entire picture...but with God, we can't. If we saw the entire picture, we would not really be tr

Rest sounds GOOOOODD!!!

 A wonderful friend of mine has invited me to start studying the Book of Hebrews with her. It has been amazing. The Lord has really blessed us in it. This last week we did Chapter 4. Which was a lot about rest. And then our Guest Pastor Tim Morrow spoke on resting with the Lord on Sunday.  I don't believe there are such things as a coincidence.  At church he was talking about entering into the Lord's rest. Which comes at the end of our run.  God has created rest since the beginning for us. The Israelites could not enter it because they were disobedient to the Lord.  Hebrews 4:6 NLT So God's rest is for the people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God.  My KJV says they failed to enter because of their unbelief. Unbelief or Disobedience?? I found this extremely interesting, maybe just because I am a nerd for the Word of God. In Numbers 14:3-4 (NLT), Why is the Lord taking us to this country only to have us die in battle

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

  Have you ever heard something at one part of the day  and it kind of resonated with you but you just went on  with the rest of your day? Then later that day you hear  something of the same thing?  That happens to me all the time.  This is how I know God is trying to talk to me. There are no sure things a coincidences. If this happens to you, PAY ATTENTION! God is trying to tell you something.      I am bringing this up because I feel like it is a message that the church needs to hear. I have been feeling led to write this blog for days now, but have ignored the leading. Today I sat down, turned my computer on, only to learn that the battery had stopped working completely. I knew in my spirit this message needed to go out...so I went to WalMart to buy a new computer. The enemy knows this is how I share what God teaches me, so he attempted to stop it, but he did no prevail. Now I am sitting at my kitchen table with the power of the Holy Spirit in me and we are going to write this blog.