Skip to main content

Fear

 Fear! What a powerful four-letter word. 

As a human in the flesh, there are so many things that we fear. 

Fear of the unknown, fear of death, fear of being disliked, fear of being alone, fear of what people might do to us, fear of truth, fear of people seeing the real us, fear, fear, FEAR. 

Having to deal with one of those is hard enough. But I imagine I am not alone when I say that I have had to deal with all of those. 

Let me just tell you right now FEAR IS A LIAR! It will tell you that you can't do what you are called to do, it will keep you from living in your purpose, it will keep you from seeing who God created you to be. 

I have learned on my journey with God, that He does know how powerful fear is. Throughout reading the Bible, I have read numerous times, God telling us to not be afraid. 

In this first book of the Bible, Genesis 26:24 And the Lord appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake.   

In Numbers 21:34 And the Lord said unto Moses, Fear him not: for I have delivered him into thy hand, and all his people, and his land: and thou shalt do to him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt in Heshbon. 

Of course we all know, Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage: be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Luke 122:32 Fear not little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 

Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what men can do to me.  

The last book of the Bible, Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, Fear not: I am the first and the last:

AND THAT IS JUST A FEW! He wanted us to remember WE HAVE NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF! 

BUT....

He does tell us to FEAR THE LORD!!!

I think so often we tend to think perfect love cast out all fear; The Bible is talking about "reverence". 

I TRUELY believe if we have "reverence" for GOD as GOD, then we FEAR him. Like with trembling and trepidation. Because GUESS WHAT!!!! HE literally holds our LIFE in His hands. Why would we not be fearful of what He could do to us??? 

The Bible tells us that the Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

The Bible tells us so many times to Fear GOD. It is time to stop being afraid of the people and fear GOD!


Tonight, by Gods loving mercy, I was brought to a video from Isaiah Saldivar. It was just what I needed. Because God's knows and His timing is perfect. But anywho, in this video, the Lord was sharing           1 Samuel 15. The story about Saul not following God's instructions to kill all of the Amalekites. After wards, Saul told Samuel that he was afraid of the people and did what they demanded. 

There are a few other stories I can think of in which fear of people really messed things up. 

Tonight, God has truly given me the FEAR OF THE LORD. I was able to speak what I needed to speak and end something that God has been leading me to end for a long time now. Despite what could happen to me, I am no longer afraid of that over being afraid of what God can do to me. I do not want the Holy Spirit to be grieved because of my actions. I do not want the Lord to be disappointed that He ever anointed me. I do not want to lose the Lord's anointing. I do not want the Lord to take His presence away from me.

I AM WALKING IN FREEDOM IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD. I AM KILLING ALL THE AMALEKITES! I AM NOT AFRIAD OF THEM OR WHAT THEY MIGHT DO TO ME!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in this season, because I can't let go

       Do you ever feel like you are just failing in life? Like there is nothing that you can do right? I am going through a season that I have thought was over but apparently it is not. I believe God is ready for me to move onto the next season, but I am keeping myself stuck in this season. A few weeks ago, it felt like I was moving out of it. But here I am. STUCK!        Why have I not moved out of this season. I feel like I am sabotaging my entire walk with the LORD and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Maybe that is just it. Maybe I need to stop and just TRUST GOD. I feel like it is much easier said than done. Why is it so hard to trust God? I cannot seem to get out onto the first step, not matter how much I want to. I want to walk with the Lord, in everything that He has ordained for my life. But right now, it feels like I am missing it all. I think as humans we want to see the entire picture...but with God, we can't. If we saw the entire picture, we would not really be tr

Rest sounds GOOOOODD!!!

 A wonderful friend of mine has invited me to start studying the Book of Hebrews with her. It has been amazing. The Lord has really blessed us in it. This last week we did Chapter 4. Which was a lot about rest. And then our Guest Pastor Tim Morrow spoke on resting with the Lord on Sunday.  I don't believe there are such things as a coincidence.  At church he was talking about entering into the Lord's rest. Which comes at the end of our run.  God has created rest since the beginning for us. The Israelites could not enter it because they were disobedient to the Lord.  Hebrews 4:6 NLT So God's rest is for the people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God.  My KJV says they failed to enter because of their unbelief. Unbelief or Disobedience?? I found this extremely interesting, maybe just because I am a nerd for the Word of God. In Numbers 14:3-4 (NLT), Why is the Lord taking us to this country only to have us die in battle

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

  Have you ever heard something at one part of the day  and it kind of resonated with you but you just went on  with the rest of your day? Then later that day you hear  something of the same thing?  That happens to me all the time.  This is how I know God is trying to talk to me. There are no sure things a coincidences. If this happens to you, PAY ATTENTION! God is trying to tell you something.      I am bringing this up because I feel like it is a message that the church needs to hear. I have been feeling led to write this blog for days now, but have ignored the leading. Today I sat down, turned my computer on, only to learn that the battery had stopped working completely. I knew in my spirit this message needed to go out...so I went to WalMart to buy a new computer. The enemy knows this is how I share what God teaches me, so he attempted to stop it, but he did no prevail. Now I am sitting at my kitchen table with the power of the Holy Spirit in me and we are going to write this blog.