Skip to main content

Obey

 Being obedient is HAAARRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Why is it so hard? I can say all day that I know I need to listen to the Lord, but then when it comes time to, well, I fail to listen. 

I KNOW FOR A FACT....that God knows better than I do, 

but in those moments, I fight it. And I mean FIGHT, like 

I have been training in UFC my entire life. 

Desi is OUT!!
Sadly, I'm the one that gets Knocked Out!!!               

Recently, I went through a long period of time
while being disobedient to the Lord. He was 
faithful to get me through it. But this does not mean that it was easy for Him. To me, disobedience is a lack of trust in who God is and a sense of pride in who you are. So maybe it is best to get knocked out every now and then, keeps me in check, eh? The Lord does say in the bible that He will tear down the house of the proud. I am grateful for the way that God works, especially when I'm lying on the ground looking up to Him. 

1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion (or disobedience) is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of Yahweh, He has also rejected you from being king. 

The Lord does not look at disobedience lightly, that's for sure. He took away Saul's anointing to be king because of disobedience. Someone once brought to my attention a while ago, and it has stuck with me throughout all of this, what would have happened if Noah refused to obey? He would not have been saved. Humanity would have completely been wiped out in the flood. 

Obedience is IMPORTANT. A lady in my Bible study group today said that when we obey God, we can begin to hear Him more clearly. And that is so true. 

Recently, I wanted to take a friend out of town for his birthday. He was struggling and so was I. I thought it would be a nice little get away. So, I told him we were going. The Lord was cautioning me the whole time. But I was not really listening. He told me it would make things worse between us. He also brought a verse to me after I remember that it was my nieces party that weekend and I had already told her I would be there. It was Ecclesiastes 5:5 Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. But once again I ignored it. I had convinced myself that God would approve and that I could use this trip to glorify Him, actually believed that I have convinced God of this as well. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I went on the trip. Yes, it was really nice to get away, but it did not glorify God. I disappointed my niece. I probably made my friend think there was a chance we were getting back together. 

After coming back from the trip, I felt so disconnected from God. I could read my bible and try to pray but it just did not feel right. I did not have that fire, it felt like I was just reading the letter without the Spirit. But God was still talking to me! He showed me this verse while I was dry reading...

Isaiah 54:8 In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you, says the LORD, you Redeemer. 

I had to cling to that verse for days. Because that is how long it took for me to start really feeling God again. When that girl in bible study said that about hearing God when we obey, it clicked. It works the other way as well. When we fail to listen to God, we will not hear Him. 

How many times have you been driving down the road and God tells you to offer someone a ride? But if you are anything like me, you say, "I'll be late for work." and keep driving. How many times has God told you to pray for someone you started to have a conversation for? But if you are anything like me, you probably said, 'That's awkward, I don't know this person'. How many times has God told you to say something to a sister in Christ, but you failed to listen because you did not want to look silly. 

I'm not pointing fingers or judging because my list goes on and on and on and on and on and on. Yeah, a whole list of dirty laundry. 

From today on, I will be more intentional 
to put God's list ahead of my own, to do what
He asked me to in that moment,
regardless of what I have going on. 
His will be done, not mine. 
My plans are vanity, His plans
are Holy and Righteous.

My prayer for all of us today, is that we put God's list before our own. That we start saying Yes, Lord!!! Because You told me to. 

Reminds me of when Jesus first calls Simon. Simon had been out fishing all night and was just about to be done. He did not catch a single thing all night. Jesus told him to cast the net out one more time. Simon was probably thinking, this guy is crazy, I have done this all night. I KNOW I will not catch anything. But despite what SIMON thought, he told Jesus, I will at Your Word, master. Simon's answer was Yes Lord! Because You said so!! Despite what I know and think to be true!!!

Wow!!! I just love that story! And of course, in Simon's obedience, the Lord blessed him tremendously.

GO OUT AND GET YOUR BLESSING IN THE ACT OF OBEDIENCE πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’— 




                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in this season, because I can't let go

       Do you ever feel like you are just failing in life? Like there is nothing that you can do right? I am going through a season that I have thought was over but apparently it is not. I believe God is ready for me to move onto the next season, but I am keeping myself stuck in this season. A few weeks ago, it felt like I was moving out of it. But here I am. STUCK!        Why have I not moved out of this season. I feel like I am sabotaging my entire walk with the LORD and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Maybe that is just it. Maybe I need to stop and just TRUST GOD. I feel like it is much easier said than done. Why is it so hard to trust God? I cannot seem to get out onto the first step, not matter how much I want to. I want to walk with the Lord, in everything that He has ordained for my life. But right now, it feels like I am missing it all. I think as humans we want to see the entire picture...but with God, we can't. If we saw the entire picture, we would not really be tr

Rest sounds GOOOOODD!!!

 A wonderful friend of mine has invited me to start studying the Book of Hebrews with her. It has been amazing. The Lord has really blessed us in it. This last week we did Chapter 4. Which was a lot about rest. And then our Guest Pastor Tim Morrow spoke on resting with the Lord on Sunday.  I don't believe there are such things as a coincidence.  At church he was talking about entering into the Lord's rest. Which comes at the end of our run.  God has created rest since the beginning for us. The Israelites could not enter it because they were disobedient to the Lord.  Hebrews 4:6 NLT So God's rest is for the people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God.  My KJV says they failed to enter because of their unbelief. Unbelief or Disobedience?? I found this extremely interesting, maybe just because I am a nerd for the Word of God. In Numbers 14:3-4 (NLT), Why is the Lord taking us to this country only to have us die in battle

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

  Have you ever heard something at one part of the day  and it kind of resonated with you but you just went on  with the rest of your day? Then later that day you hear  something of the same thing?  That happens to me all the time.  This is how I know God is trying to talk to me. There are no sure things a coincidences. If this happens to you, PAY ATTENTION! God is trying to tell you something.      I am bringing this up because I feel like it is a message that the church needs to hear. I have been feeling led to write this blog for days now, but have ignored the leading. Today I sat down, turned my computer on, only to learn that the battery had stopped working completely. I knew in my spirit this message needed to go out...so I went to WalMart to buy a new computer. The enemy knows this is how I share what God teaches me, so he attempted to stop it, but he did no prevail. Now I am sitting at my kitchen table with the power of the Holy Spirit in me and we are going to write this blog.