Skip to main content

TRUST

 Trust. What a word huh? So easy to flow out of the mouth, but much harder to flow out of the heart. 

From the time we are born, there are numerous things that teach us whether we can trust or not. Sadly, in a fallen world, I believe most people learn that we cannot trust.

I went through a lot growing up. From older men sexually taking advantage of me at a young age, my father leaving the picture never to be seen or heard of again, being lied to constantly about my parent coming home or being where she was supposed to be, boyfriends cheating and lying, druggies using me as a pawn in their world, etc.

No wonder it is hard for me to trust people. Everyone is always going to hurt me somehow, I tell myself. I might as well end it before they have that chance. I can see it more clearly now that I am an adult. 

Now, the only one I want to trust if GOD THE FATHER, and I struggle to do so. I tend to trust the people that have hurt me more than the one that has always been FOR me. Maybe it is because I can trust that I know what will happen. How twisted is that?? Twisted, Harsh reality. 

God has shown me that He will never let me down, yet I still struggle to believe it. God had been there with me in the deepest, darkest placed, right beside me. 

Within the church, we always hear, "Just trust God" "All you have to do is trust God". I wonder to myself if these people even trust God themselves. I caught myself doing it just the other night. A friend has a son who called him struggling. The friend was anxious after that. Of course, in all my knowledge I said, "You just have to tell God about it and then trust Him". Yeah....OK DES!!! That is what I think when people tell me that. YEA OKK! 

I'm thankful that God is understanding. That He knows what I have been through and where I am right now. I'm grateful my God is so compassionate. He is willing to wait in longsuffering while He gets me where I need to be. 

He sends me through these trails and testing in life that help me to trust Him. That help me to lean into Him more. He is faithful to show me what He does. When I call to Him, He answers me. 

Today I was reminded of something. I have been on somewhat of journey with God for 10 or 11 years. Ever since treatment. But it did not seem real. It was just what I thought I needed to do to stay sober. But God saw me and was with me the entire time. Even when I was living in sin, He was there trying to show me the way out. I just never realized it was Him until now. But what I remembered today was how God was so faithful during a hard, hard time.

About 2 years ago we lost my aunt to alcoholism. It was extremely hard for me. The guilt I felt, the overwhelming sadness of losing someone so special, all of it just ate me alive. At this time, I was not walking with the Lord. I was using Kratom and smoking. Just living life blind. I remember I was going through a time with my nephew who was living with me. I was just at a low point in life. I got so upset, I remember sitting in my room, screaming like I was possessed. I was punching walls. It was like it was when I lived with my ex. I WAS LITEALLY POSSESSED. During this time, I remember falling to my knees, crying uncontrollably, and the only words I could get out were, "GOD HELP ME". I probably said it at least 20 times. I remember getting such a rush of calm come over me that day. Something that is only to be explained as the Holy Spirit. I began to start praying and reading the Bible again. Just a little bit, reaching out to others that I met that walk with the Lord. Through the HOLY SPIRIT and those people, the spark was ignited in me. I called on the Lord to take the Kratom away and the Cigarettes. Three days later, I was done with both of them. I still have not even had a craving to do either. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL!!! Because He was there for me then, I knew I could trust Him, when I went through my kiddo at work taking his life. I was put on leave while being investigated. As others were getting lawyers and everything, I knew I could TRUST GOD, IT WAS WELL WITH ME SOUL!!!

Having had the Lord show up in such amazing ways...you would think I would trust Him always. But is it not just life Israel. They had God show up in SUCH MIRACULOUS ways but still struggled to trust God. They accused God of bringing them out into the wilderness to kill them!! WHAT!!! We don't always know what GOD is doing but we can always be SURE that He is doing something. AND THAT IT IS FOR OUR GOOD! 

JUST REMEMBER WE SERVE A FAITHFUL GOD WHO LOVES US SO MUCH!!! HE IS WORHTY OF MY TRSUT!! OF YOUR TRUST!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in this season, because I can't let go

       Do you ever feel like you are just failing in life? Like there is nothing that you can do right? I am going through a season that I have thought was over but apparently it is not. I believe God is ready for me to move onto the next season, but I am keeping myself stuck in this season. A few weeks ago, it felt like I was moving out of it. But here I am. STUCK!        Why have I not moved out of this season. I feel like I am sabotaging my entire walk with the LORD and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Maybe that is just it. Maybe I need to stop and just TRUST GOD. I feel like it is much easier said than done. Why is it so hard to trust God? I cannot seem to get out onto the first step, not matter how much I want to. I want to walk with the Lord, in everything that He has ordained for my life. But right now, it feels like I am missing it all. I think as humans we want to see the entire picture...but with God, we can't. If we saw the entire picture, we would not really be tr

Rest sounds GOOOOODD!!!

 A wonderful friend of mine has invited me to start studying the Book of Hebrews with her. It has been amazing. The Lord has really blessed us in it. This last week we did Chapter 4. Which was a lot about rest. And then our Guest Pastor Tim Morrow spoke on resting with the Lord on Sunday.  I don't believe there are such things as a coincidence.  At church he was talking about entering into the Lord's rest. Which comes at the end of our run.  God has created rest since the beginning for us. The Israelites could not enter it because they were disobedient to the Lord.  Hebrews 4:6 NLT So God's rest is for the people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God.  My KJV says they failed to enter because of their unbelief. Unbelief or Disobedience?? I found this extremely interesting, maybe just because I am a nerd for the Word of God. In Numbers 14:3-4 (NLT), Why is the Lord taking us to this country only to have us die in battle

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

  Have you ever heard something at one part of the day  and it kind of resonated with you but you just went on  with the rest of your day? Then later that day you hear  something of the same thing?  That happens to me all the time.  This is how I know God is trying to talk to me. There are no sure things a coincidences. If this happens to you, PAY ATTENTION! God is trying to tell you something.      I am bringing this up because I feel like it is a message that the church needs to hear. I have been feeling led to write this blog for days now, but have ignored the leading. Today I sat down, turned my computer on, only to learn that the battery had stopped working completely. I knew in my spirit this message needed to go out...so I went to WalMart to buy a new computer. The enemy knows this is how I share what God teaches me, so he attempted to stop it, but he did no prevail. Now I am sitting at my kitchen table with the power of the Holy Spirit in me and we are going to write this blog.